Achievement Motivation Program
“Nothing is as powerful as a soul that is on fire…”
Carl Muller – 2003
The Young Entrepreneur is a program to help you realise your dream. When you love what you do, you never work a day in your life. All of us who work here to coach and tutor you come from a background where we had to create our futures out of nothing. We read in the Bible on Ps 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High. Everything you see around you was created by people that believe that what the prophet Asaph said thousands of years ago. And we have the passion and desire to pass on what we have learned in our lives as we created organisations that became very successful. All the tools we used and our strategies are at your disposal as we tutor you for the next 4 to 6 months.
More about our program
David C McClellan and his colleagues at Harvard University started doing research during the 1950s where he and his colleagues lectured. They did the research for more than 20 years on motivation and specifically the need for achievement. This research and specifically achievement motivation were described in his 1961 book, The Achieving Society.
When I attended this training program in 1997 (Presented by Prof Adré Boshoff) it changed my life. He gave me permission to present it I have facilitated it to more than 50 groups in South Africa. I have changed it through the years to what it is now. But the basis of the program is still that of David C McClellan. I also had it accredited at Service Seta, which expired a few years ago. It is based on the leadership and characteristics of an entrepreneur. Because of this program, I started working for myself at the age of 50 and my children also show these characteristics in their lives and are three are successful
- Characteristics of high achievers. We look at actual case studies of entrepreneurs.
- Measure Achievement Motivation. Here we look at the characteristics of a high achiever – entrepreneur.
- Develop a high achievement profile.
- Understand the impact of achievement behaviours such as self, job, family& community.
- You must do a project and write a plan for it then, identify ways to become achievement orientated.
- Here we look at your life and motivation and how you can become achievement-oriented—motivation leadership.
- Life plan in terms of Achievement Behavior.
- We do a SWOT analysis so you can learn more about yourself. We also discuss entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Set concrete goals and develop actions plans to achieve them.
- A personal strategic plan for life is designed.
- Where are you going in life? What do you want to do, and how will you get there. Strategies to be successful is discussed and how to become a high achiever.
This program teaches you life skills and leadership skills and also how to apply it in your life.
Hierdie groep mense wat daar was, praat nou meer en doen ook meer om hulle self te laat hoor en sien.
– DA Worcester
I am happy to report to that a number of individuals have taken definite steps to start projects and form networks.
– G First Consulting Worcester
I recommend this workshop for personal growth and for building teamwork in the corporate environment.
– Lyndi Fourie Foundation, Khayalitsha
I had a problem of discouragement..... I am enthusiastic and full of courage. It was like I was diagnosed and the relevant medicine for my sickness was found. .... I think people can find their own solution.
– Dina Moselakgomo, Child care worker,
Social Development, Soshanguve.
Teacher The workshop has worked wonders in my life, I will go back to my colleagues as a changed person.
– Lizwe Jafta, Soweto
Wow, what a workshop. It has taught and instilled in me self believe. .. .. I am a new person.
– Thulani, Moleleki, Headmaster, Soweto .
It has changed my thinking tremendously. I enjoyed the training – My eyes are open. In conclusion: I can do all things.....
– John Siti – Headmaster, Soweto
It boosted our morals to such an extent that we immediately started with our own business plans for different community projects.........This course makes a person very much independent and creative.
– Wellness committee – Social Development
I wish it to spread because it is an essential program.
– Constance Kekana, Limpopo.
The Young Entrepreneur is a program to help you realise your dream. When you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.
498 Mississippi St
Faerie Glen, Pretoria